Just a shot of the current collection.
Friday, December 6, 2013
After the wash I highlighted him with a wetblending method using a wet palette. I have done better faces but the intention here is to make a decent model quick. :)
One session per tutorial of about 15-25 minutes each, I call that fast painting with a good result. :)
Friday, November 29, 2013
Yesterday I tried out the DBA rules with my addition of commander stands. It worked fine and the only real bummer was that the table was too large. We started a bit further away from each other to give more room for manouvering before the clash, but it was too great I think.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Enter the Celts, with a whopping 22 warbands they will be a tough nut to crack for the Romans.
I will try them with a point system variant for Dba this thursday at the club, and wait with hail caesar until I have time to learn the rules.. there is a Bushido tournament this weekend!
Thursday, November 21, 2013
After reading a few books by Simon Scarrow, and getting halfway in the first historical book of five regarding the Roman empire I decided to dig up my roman and celtic dba armies.
As I think Hail Caesar is a great set of rules I am basing the models to be able to play both dba and HC.
This evening I finished the Romans, next will be the Celts/Britons, then there will be a lot of painting to do..
The waterfall is taking shape, I started with a thin string of cotton, and some small drops of superglue. Then some more cotton, and a lot more superglue, to finish this stage I poured the last of Vallejos still water over the fall, to give the glossy, wet look. When I get more of the modeling water I will add a bit more to the fall as well as fluff up the foamy blob at the bottom.
An idéa that worked quite well so far!
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
I made some fishes in green stuff, painted and placed them on the bottom with a little superglue. Now I just have to pour some still water over them and hope it stays still this time.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Now for the bad things, I have stuck the plants in the river, pressing through the bottom and as a result the water slipped past the hard mix of sand and filler.
The pillars that should hold the bridge is also pressed down, not a long way at all but you can clearly see the holes which the water went through. The problem was that apparently white styrofoam isn't waterproof as you might have imagined, I sure did. The Still Water wasn't so still after all, and after a panicked wiping and covering of the holes underneath, without tilting the whole board I carefully put the hole board on a cut up big plastic bag so the water effect would not damage anything underneath the board, this will be a permanent solution as the water effect now has glued the bag and the board tohether. Oh well, you learn something every day, no matter how sticky and messy it may be..
Monday, November 18, 2013
I got some fish tank plastic plants which I used a screw to press into the styrofoam, and then twist the screw back up without the plant following. This worked surprisingly well and no glue were needed and the plants are really stuck in place if you dont *want* to remove them of course. It is looking great with all the vegetation now.
More to come!
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Step two, the Wash. I used an old ogryn flesh that has got some black, brown and sepia mixed in along with water and god knows what else.
It really doesnt matter as you just need to make the details pop.